Do I need insurance?

If you are an employee at a venue and are covered under their insurance, no additional insurance may be necessary. 

If you work for a venue that requires instructors to carry their own insurance, and/or if you teach independently (for example, you rent space at a recreation center and lead your classes without reporting to anyone) it is advised that you obtain insurance. You can locate insurance resources/additional info on fitness certification sites such as AFAA or IDEA fit websites. We do not personally recommend specific companies, but many of our Pros use NEXT insurance.

It is best practice to have personal liability coverage, but in the end, the specifics of what you choose are dependent on what else you teach and how much coverage you want.